FY&I Delray is located in the heart of downtown Delray Beach in between the Office Restaurant and El Camino. We offer a variety of ice cream, Dole soft serve sorbet, Italian gelato, and dairy-free and sugar-free ice cream choices. We are a popular destination for dairy-sensitive individuals because of our wide variety of flavors! Our dairy-free ice cream flavors include:
- Butter Pecan
- Dole Pineapple
- Vanilla Fudge
There are many different ways to create dairy free ice cream. A few common commercial and at-home methods include using soy, cashew, almond, and coconut milk. Not only does it taste similar to dairy, it also has much less sugar and calories than their dairy counterparts. Our dairy free ice cream is the real deal! It’s creamy, flavorful, and healthier than traditional ice cream. Many of our flavors have the exact same ingredient profile as regular ice cream, sans the dairy-milk. This can lead to a reduction in calories and fat, while maintaining the same flavor as dairy-full ice cream.
Dairy-Free Ice Cream Recipe
If you’re lactose intolerant or just simply trying to avoid dairy, this recipe works wonders on hot summer days. In the search for egg-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free lifestyles, many people are stopping by FY&I Delray for our dairy free options. If you want to make some homemade ice cream, we recommend this recipe. You’ll need five ingredients, which include:
· 1 13.5oz can of whole coconut milk
· 1 Cup almond milk
· ½ cup agave nectar or other naural sweetener
· ¼ tsp – ½ tsp salt
· ½ tsp xanthan gum (gluten-free thickener)
· Optional add ins! This could be anything from strawberries and reese’s cups, to sprinkles and chocolate chips.
1. Blend all of the ingredients until thick and creamy. This should take about 1-2 minutes. After this, transfer to an airtight container and chill for 3-4 hours.
2. Transfer the mixture to an ice-cream mixer and churn. Generally, this lasts for about 25-40 minutes depending on the manufacturer. If using add-ins, gently add them during the last 5 minutes.
3. This step varies depending on the desired texture. For a frozen-custard feel, transfer immediately from the churner to an ice cream bowl! If you want a firmer, more traditional ice cream texture, freeze for 30-60 minutes.