If you thought pistachio ice cream was a step in a strange ice cream direction, you should see what some people are doing around the world. Here at Brendy’s, we host a huge selection of ice cream, gelato, ice cream, and sorbet. We don’t carry anyone of the bizarre flavors below, and stick to tried and true classics. That doesn’t mean we can’t share what some of these strange flavors from around the world are!
1. Japan – There are quite a few strange flavors to come out of one ice cream store in Japan. One ice cream store reportedly had flavors that ranged from octopus, to cow’s tongue, to charcoal, wasabi, and mackerel. A few of these flavors are meant only for the bravest of ice cream eaters.
2. New York – Found in the Chinatown district of New York, one ice cream parlor serves up an ice cream that tastes like sesame noodles with peanut sauce! If you want something with that peanut butter flavor, we have peanut butter cup ice cream and peanut butter frozen yogurt at Brendy’s in Delray Beach
3. London – Haggis is a traditional Scottish dish made with sheep’s stomach, oatmeal, spices, minced onions, and salt. Usually the final product is mixed with chicken stock. In an ice cream parlor in Harrod’s, they turn this flavor into an ice cream.
4. Queens – Ice cream parlors in Queens have reportedly come up with a wide variety of strange specialties: horseradish, pizza, Jalapeno, and corn on the cob can be found in this neighborhood.
5. Venezeula – Coromoto Ice Cream Shop has broken world records. Located in Merida, Venezuela, they have created over 900 ice cream flavors ranging from normal to crazy. A few of the flavors found were beef, sardines in brandy, onion and cheeseburger.
6. Mexico – There has been ice cream made out of avocados and tequila. This could also be considered a wild take on guacamole! If you want something green, try our pistachio ice cream.
7. The ice cream and custom experience company Lick Me I’m Delicious has created an ice cream that uses jelly fish as the main ingredient. If you lick the ice cream, the ice cream begins to glow. A single scoop sells for more than $200!
Frozen Yogurt in Delray Beach, FL
If you aren’t looking to spend $200 a scoop for jellyfish ice cream today, head on over to Brendy’s for amazing frozen yogurt and ice cream in Delray Beach, FL! We host a wide variety of more classic and popular flavors such as chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry! We also have a few flavors that are unique, such as banana cream, steller coffee and, rum raisin! Come vists us today if you want to try the best ice cream in Delray Beach, FL.